Information we collect
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you sign-up for a Chartlr account.
- Your credit card information – except the CVC code – in order to be able to process payments according to your instructions.
- User content – infographics, charts, spreadsheets, designs and similar.
When you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit. These records typically include IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, and other such information. See also the Information on Cookies usage below.
How we use your personal data
Chartlr may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- We use your personal data to help you efficiently access your information after you log-in and provide personalized content and information to you.
- We may use your personal data to develop and manage our Website, services, customer care, sales and marketing.
- We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our services and to contact you for customer care related purposes.
Sharing of your personal data
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- We share your chart data with other users only if we have your consent to do so.
- We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend our legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our website, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers. By using this site, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Chartlr may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy in order to continue the services as you’ve been used to.
The privacy of children
Chartlr services are intended for general audiences. Chartlr does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of their parents or guardians. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
The quality of personal data
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to ensure that it is up to date.
Information on Cookies usage
Cookies are pieces of text that may be sent to and saved by your web browser when you access our Website; your web browser stores these cookies in a way associated with each website you visit, and you can see your cookies through your browser settings.
What are your rights?
You have a right to know which personal data we have about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds.
How to contact us
Version 2.0 September 2015